This position acts as the State Long Term Care Ombudsman in accordance with the requirements established in the most current Federal Older Americans Act, Federal Regulation, Iowa Code and Iowa Administrative Code. This position is responsible for providing overall administration and management of the Office of the State Long Term Care Ombudsman (OSLTCO), this includes but is not limited to:
- Management and oversight of all appropriated, allocated and other revenue streams, contracts and other agreements which are specific to the OSLTCO;
- Management and oversight of Department employees, contractors and volunteers assigned to the OSLTCO in accordance with current laws and policies;
- Act as the spokesperson for the OSLTCO;
- Assist and coordinate with the Department Director to insure the continuity of internal policy and procedure and work flow;
- Act as a member of the Department's management team;
- Provide technical assistance to Area Agencies on Aging as needed;
- Management and oversight of all software systems specific to the OSLTCO and the collection, analysis and use of data;
- Management and timely submission of all required reporting;
- Per established Department policy and procedure, coordinate with the Department Public Information Officer;
- Coordinates OSLTCO priorities with other executive branch agencies as needed.
This position acts as the OSLTCO liaison to the Iowa Legislature and to Iowa's Congressional Delegation. Drafts and submits a proposed annual budget to the Department Director for review and inclusion in the Department's overall annual budget. Responds to requests for information; participates in the legislative process related to issues germane to the OSLTCO at the federal and state level and acts as an advocate as outlined in federal and state law.
Works in a collaborative and consultative manner as needed with the Department's legislative liaison and other members of the management team on priority issues. Provide overall direction, management and supervision of grants germane to the OSLTCO. Solicit grant opportunities as they become available to include but not limited to Administration for Community Living Title IV Discretionary Grants; Civil Monies Penalties Grants; grants in partnership with other executive branch agencies, and other duties as assigned to further the mission of the Department.
The position closes on September 26th.