The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation, and the articulation of national policies that support home and community based services for older adults and individuals with disabilities.
NASUAD is seeking a Policy Analyst to assist with multiple grant and project deliverables. Responsibilities include maintaining a monthly newsletter, member communications and surveys, staffing a policy committee, and research and analysis of policies.
The successful candidate will be a college graduate and have strong written and oral communication skills and analytical capability. The candidate will have knowledge of online survey tools and an understanding of federal and state aging and disability programs.
- Research, compile, and maintain information for online state policy tracking tools
- Construct and distribute membership surveys and analyze the findings
- Support training and technical assistance activities, including responding to ad hoc requests from state agencies
- Provide staff support for policy committee
- Track and research legislation, regulations, and other relevant policy issues
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Public or Health Policy, Public Administration, Social Work or related field preferred
- Superior verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity and proficiency with computer systems, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Individuals with state aging and disability and/or Medicaid experience preferred
- Some travel required
Salary and benefits:
The salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. NASUAD offers a generous benefit package.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.