The National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center is hosting a webinar to discuss how HIPAA and its Privacy Rule permits the sharing of patient information with family members, friends and caregivers, as well as the components of the HIPAA right-of-access and ways in which it enables individuals and their caregivers to be more involved in their own care. This webinar aims to help participants:
- better understand how HIPAA permits the sharing of patient information with one’s “personal representative,” family members, friends and caregivers;
- describe how and when protected health information may be used and shared;
- list the components of the HIPAA access right, including an individual’s ability to direct a copy of their health information to a third party; and,
- describe how the HIPAA right of access enables individuals and their caregivers to become more involved in their care.
- Complimentary CEUs are available through this webinar. In addition, the webinar will be recorded and available for viewing at nadrc.acl.gov.
This webinar will take place on September 27, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET.