Second Wind Dreams, Inc., a dynamic non-profit organization, is seeking an experienced Executive Director/CEO. They are looking for a high energy, flexible person who is comfortable in a rapidly growing organization. The office is located in Roswell, Georgia. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. This person will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Second Wind Dreams staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines
The ED will be thoroughly committed to SWD’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Public speaking experience
- Knowledge in the field of aging
- A cover letter summarizing your interest and experience; and
- A resume, attached in MS Word format, and including your contact information and salary expectations.
- Three references, letters optional
- Email the above to Sandy Hand at Sandra@secondwind.org