The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation, and the articulation of national policies that support home and community-based services for older adults and individuals with disabilities. NASUAD is seeking a Director of Development, Sponsorships, and Special Projects to oversee our fundraising initiatives. The Director will have primary responsibility for building and maintaining relationships for corporate sponsors, cultivating foundation support, and establishing partnerships with other funders. The Director will also be responsible for overseeing the development of funding applications. The Director will have the lead responsibility for managing the association’s annual trade show.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to establish short and long-term, non-dues revenue goals, and pursue established goals throughout the year
- Manage and grow a pipeline of prospective industry, corporate, and foundation partners by researching and identifying new sponsorship prospects and funding opportunities
- Develop recommendations and refine master documents for all sponsorship programs
- Identify prospective sponsors, develop strategies to cultivate those relationships, and pursue new sponsors and partnerships
- Coordinate with Director of Operations and Accountant to ensure sponsors are invoiced and in good standing; prepare internal reports for organization’s leadership
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual trade show, including assigning booths to vendors, communicating with hotel, creating unique marketing opportunities for partners, and creating a memorable experience for all guests
- Research foundation opportunities at national level
- Oversee the development of all funding applications
The successful candidate will be a college graduate and have strong written and oral communication skills and a proven development track record.
- Bachelor's degree
- Superior verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Ability to travel
Salary and benefits:
The salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. NASUAD offers a generous benefit package.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.