The aim of this proactive healthy aging initiative is to improve access and availability of integrated, comprehensive services for older adults and their caregivers, delivered in a person-centered way. proposals will be accepted in two categories: Healthy Aging or Caregiving. In addition, all applicants must address one of the Health Fund’s cross-cutting goals: workforce development or integration.
- Be sure to identify if you are applying under Healthy Aging or Caregiving. This can be determined by selecting the one that best aligns with your primary target population (older adults or caregivers). You must select one, but you are welcome to submit a proposal that will positively impact the health of both populations.
- You must address one of our two cross-cutting goals. We will not fund projects that do not address either integration or healthcare workforce.
- Clearly identify the issue you will be addressing. You will be asked to submit one sentence about the key issue your initiative will address. For example: “This proposal addresses the health impacts associated with social isolation.
- Think about your initiative broadly. We will be funding applications that have the potential for long-term, sustainable impact. To do this, we will be looking for initiatives that could change larger systems of care through connectivity, policy change, integration models, etc.
- Collaboration is key. We will be looking for highly collaborative proposals with broad impact and potential for replication.
- Health outcomes matter. We will be looking for proposals that have strategies in place to address specific health outcomes of older adults and/or their caregivers.